Upload your data in CSV with data uploader in Wattics dashboard
Is the Data Uploader the right tool to import your meter readings?
- The Data Uploader does not support Cumulative data. It only supports Interval Data.
- The Data Uploader supports only single-value (SV) Data Points (only kWh readings for electricity data points).
- Please use the Data Uploader to populate one data point at a time.
- The Data Uploader supports Green Button XML files.
- Through Data Uploader, cost figures can be uploaded along with data.
- The Data Uploader allows users to pick information to import from complex csv file formats.
Log in to the dashboard, go to the data tab, where the data uploader will appear. Ensure that you are in the correct view indicated by the Import Data icon.
Then select the organisation that the new data shall be assigned. At this stage, you can create a new organisation if you want the new data to be assigned to an organisation not yet created in your dashboard.
If you would like to associate the new data to an existing organisation, you can simply click the dropdown and select the applicable organisation, as shown in the image below:
Then, you must decide if the data belongs to a new site within that organization, or to an existing site.
Finally, you must decide if the data belongs to a new meter or an existing one.
If you wish to create a new meter (new data point), you must give it a name, select the meter type (use “other” for any single-value measurement), the measurement unit and frequency of data transfer.
*Note: When selecting “other” for single-value measurements, you will also need to select your preferred aggregation – average or cumulative.
For existing meters, the data uploaded will be appended to existing measurements and will overwrite existing data if some periods overlap.
Time to upload your CSV file to the system. Click on the CSV button to get started.
You can now upload your CSV file with the ‘Browse’ button, and specify the format of your file.
- The Headers button must be ticked if the first line of your CSV file contains the column headers.
- We will automatically detect the CSV parser (, : ; tab), but you can specify the parser in case you use a specific character not detected.
- You can also tell the system to start parsing the file from line N, so that additional headers can be excluded from the import.
- Finally you must select the time format of your file by informing whether the date and time information are joined or split in two columns, and by choosing the exact date and time formatting.
The next step consists of selecting what column corresponds to timestamps and measurements. The ‘preview original data’ view helps you avoid making any mistake.
Click on Preview mapped data to check that your configuration is correct. Any misconfiguration will show incorrect dates or messages like ‘invalid date’.
Time to upload your data to Wattics. Click on the Proceed button and review all the information you have entered. Check the authorization tick box and click on the Confirm button to start uploading data. Data upload may take a few minutes depending on how much data you are importing.
That’s it, you can now go back to your dashboard and start analyzing the measurements freshly imported!