Connect your Elvaco CMe3100 gateway to Wattics energy and air analytics software
It is assumed that your CMe3100 already collects data from your meter(s). If not, read and understand Elvaco manuals for installing, operating, or maintaining your CMe3100 Gateway. Installation and programme procedures must be carried out and inspected by qualified personnel. Qualified personnel are those who, based on their training and experience, are capable of identifying risks and avoiding potential hazards when working with this product.
Step 1: Register your gateway and data points with Wattics
One of our tech support representatives will register your CMe3100 gateway, will set up your monthly subscription fee, and will give you access to the Wattics dashboard. You will also receive username and password to use when setting up the gateway to send log files to the Wattics FTP server.
Step 2: Configure your CMe3100 Gateway
1. The CMe3100 is configured through its web interface. Connect the included USB cable between your PC and the gateway’s USB slave port. After approximately 30 seconds, a new removable disk will be available on the computer.
Open the folder on the removable disk. Run the file CMe3100-SETUP.EXE and follow the instructions. When the installation has completed, the web browser will open along with a login page. If the browser fails to do so, please enter the IP address manually. For software versions older than 1.6.0, the IP address 192.168.100.1 is used. For software version 1.6.0 or later, use the IP address 169.254.254.1.
If you are logging in for the first time, use the default credentials below. You will otherwise need to use the credentials created last time you logged in.
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
2. When first logging in on the web interface, the Installation panel will be presented. You must set a readout schedule that will determine the time interval by which the gateway will perform readouts of the meters in its meter list. To activate and set the meter readout schedule:
- Go to Meters > Readout schedule and enable activate Scheduled meter readouts.
- Set a Meter readout schedule. By for example setting Every 5th minute, a readout of all meters in the Meter List will be performed every 5th minute.
- Do not activate Continuous readout mode
- Click Save.
3. Next step is to enable Push reports to be delivered to Wattics via FTP or other data push methods such as SMTP, HTTP, DLMS, JSON. The first step is to set the default recipient option, to which all activated Push Reports will be sent.
Go to Configuration > Push Reports > FTP settings, and enter the following information:
- Server address: ftp01.wattics.com
- Port: 21
- Username: enter username provided by Wattics
- Password: enter password provided by Wattics
- Destination folder on server: source
Click the Save button.
4. Now that the Push Report default settings have been made, individual reports can be configured. Go to Configuration > Push Report to see all available reports and their current status.
We are interested in the report template 2101, which denotes FTP reports with all meter values pushed in one file.
- Go to Configuration > Push Report and click on one of the Scheduled reports currently disabled.
- Report type: FTP
- Report template: 2101
- Report schedule: choose an interval that is greater than your meter readout schedule e.g. 15mn if your gateway collects new readings every 5mn
- Value Period: Auto, to ensure that all new meter values that have failed to be transmitted will be included in the next successful Push Report
- Value Interval: All Values, to include all available meter readouts in the Push Reports
- Report Receiver: tick to send report to default FTP server
- Click Save & Send test report to upload a test file onto Wattics FTP server. Once successfully tested, you can save and close your FTP Push Report configuration.
Save your final settings, your energy readings will now be sent to Wattics periodically, log in to your dashboard and get started!
If you would like to know more about how you can connect your devices to Wattics with Elvaco’s CMe3100 gateway, get in touch with us, using the form below: