Connect your wattwatchers device to Wattics energy management software
Given all the advantages of a cloud-based solution, Wattics and Wattwatchers have partnered to make it possible to connect your Wattwatchers device(s) to the Wattics platform.
This integration enables you to stream the readings from your Wattwatchers device(s) directly to the Wattics energy analytics platform. It is really just a matter of following a few simple steps which are explained in the next section. Complete them and you are now ready to unleash the power of your Wattics dashboard. The sky’s the limit.
How to connect my Wattwatchers device(s) to Wattics?
Step 1: Login to your Wattics dashboard
Step 2: Visit the integrations page available from the admin tab
Step 3: Open the Wattwatchers integration settings page
Step 4: Click on New Wattwatchers API key
Step 5: Enter your Wattwatchers API key (1) and provide a name for it (2). Then save (3).
Note: Get in touch with Wattwatchers Technical Support to obtain your API Key in case you don’t have it yet.
Step 6: Add your Wattwatcher device to the dashboard
Once your API key is registered, you are ready to add your Wattwatchers device to your Wattics dashboard.
In order to add a Wattwatchers data point to your dashboard, the procedure is the same one used to create all the other metered points. Click here if you need a refresh on how to do it. Once the tour has brought you to the data point creation page, please read carefully the following lines.
- You have to select Wattwatchers from the Data Point Type drop-down list.
- The Devices drop-down list contains all the devices you have access to using all the Wattwatchers API Keys associated with your Wattics account.
- The Group drop-down list contains all the groups that were pre-configured on the particular device you have selected when it was installed. For specifics about the circuit each current transformer (CT) is monitoring, please refer to the Details section located at the bottom of the page.
- For each group, energy readings are available as Net, Import & Export. Please select the option that best suits your project from the Energy Metering drop-down list.
- The Process sampling rate is set at 5 minutes by default. Feel free to adjust it to a different value.
- The new data point will be populated with historical data as soon as it is created. Once all the available historical data is retrieved, it will go live.
- Ensure the site address is accurate. It will be used to determine the local time where your device is installed.