Connect your wattwatchers device to Wattics energy management software
Given all the advantages of a cloud-based solution, Wattics and Wattwatchers have partnered to make it possible to connect your Wattwatchers device(s) to the Wattics platform.
This integration enables you to stream the readings from your Wattwatchers device(s) directly to the Wattics energy analytics platform. It is really just a matter of following a few simple steps which are explained in the next section. Complete them and you are now ready to unleash the power of your Wattics dashboard. The sky’s the limit.
How to connect my Wattwatchers device(s) to Wattics?
Step 1: Login to your Wattics dashboard
Step 2: Visit the integrations page available from the admin tab
Step 3: Open the Wattwatchers integration settings page
Step 4: Click on New Wattwatchers API key
Step 5: Enter your Wattwatchers API key (1) and provide a name for it (2). Then save (3).
Note: Get in touch with Wattwatchers Technical Support to obtain your API Key in case you don’t have it yet.
Now you are ready to add your first Wattwatchers device to your Wattics dashboard. You can do this in the usual manner. But just in case, here’s a refresher!
Here are a few Wattwatchers-specific details to keep in mind:
- You have to select Wattwatchers from the Data Point Type drop-down list.
- The Devices drop-down list contains all the devices you have access to using all the Wattwatchers API Keys associated with your Wattics account.
- The Group drop-down list contains all the groups that were pre-configured on the particular device you have selected when it was installed. For specifics about the circuit each current transformer (CT) is monitoring, please refer to the Details section located at the bottom of the meter addition page.
- For each group, energy readings are available as Net, Import & Export. Please select the option that best suits your project from the Energy Metering drop-down list.
- The Process sampling rate is set at 5 minutes by default. Feel free to adjust it to a different value.
- The new data point will be populated with historical data as soon as it is created. Once all the available historical data is retrieved, it will go live.
- Ensure the site address is accurate. It will be used to determine the local time where your device is installed.