It has been a busy first two of months 2020 for the Wattics development team who have been hard at work to deliver new analytics + tools to enhance your analysis in the Wattics energy dashboard:
Here’s a round-up of the platform feature releases and updates for 2020 thus far:
1. File sharing for energy management and analyst teams with new ‘Documents’ feature.
Similar to the functionality of Google Docs, the new Wattics documents feature allows account administrators to share or restrict access to files and documents with users in their organization.
The steps below demonstrate how to access + use the documents tool:
- Log in to your Wattics dashboard and navigate to the ‘Admin’ tab
- Click to upload a new document, as indicated by the upload button (top-right of the screen).
- Thereafter, click on the ‘+ New Document’ as shown in the image below:
- Next step: (1) Give your new document a name, (2) upload the chosen file, (3) select all to share the document with all users, or (4) share file with selected users (please make sure that ‘select all’ box is unticked is choosing this option). Finally, click ‘Save’
- Users that the document has been shared with will appear in the Dashboard tab when they next log into the platform – as shown in the image below:
Accepted file formats for upload include: PDF and office files (eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
a) Only admin users can upload and share/restrict access to files in Documents tool.
b) Ensure that all users selected to receive documents, have the ‘Documents’ feature enabled through the ‘Plans‘ tool in the Admin tab.
c) Once a document has been downloaded, the download button will appear in blue. (See above)
d) Documents can be shared with individuals outside your organization by simply copying and pasting the document web URL into an email, shared drive, etc.
2. Create & host your own webpages in the Wattics dashboard with new HTML feature
Wattics has added a new component to the Embedded Pages tool, which allows users to create their own webpages hosted in the Wattics dashboard using their own custom HTML code. HTML pages can be added to the list of webpages accessed through the Embedded Pages tool.
The new HTML component is especially useful for creating dynamic webpages available for reference when doing analysis in the energy dashboard. Users may also use the HTML feature to code new features/tools that may not yet be available through the Wattics energy management software.
The steps below demonstrate how to access + use the HTML feature in the Embedded Pages tool:
- Log in to your Wattics dashboard and navigate to the ‘Admin’ tab
- Click on Embedded Pages tool and select ‘+ New embedded page’ as shown below:
- Next step: (1) Give your embedded page a name, (2) leave ’embed URL’ field blank when creating a HTML webpage (3) paste your HTML code in space provided, (4) share file with all users or (5) share file with selected users (please make sure that ‘select all’ box is unticked is choosing this option). Finally, click ‘Save’
- Once saved, your new HTML page will appear in the under the Embedded Pages tool for all users selected to have access to it – see below:
a) Only admin users can create and share/restrict HTML webpages to files in the Embedded Pages tool.
b) Ensure that all users selected to receive HTML webpage, have the ‘Embedded Pages’ feature enabled – through the ‘Plans‘ tool in the Admin tab.
3. Create monitored points for sub-metered water and gas
Data points for sub-metered gas and water can now be created in the Wattics dashboard for monitoring and analysis. See image below:
(Note: the creation of sub-meters is also available for electricity – and has been the model for which to expand this functionality to water and gas)
Please remember to create your sub-meters in the Organization tool in the ‘Admin’ tab, (like you would electricity meters) prior to data upload via API or FTP.
In order to upload your sub-metered water and gas data to the Wattics platform, use the Wattics API or FTP server:
- Get your sub-metered gas/water data to your dashboard via Wattics API -> Wattics API
- Get you sub-metered gas/water data to your dashboard via FTP -> Wattics FTP
For any questions related to getting your sub-metered gas/water data to the Wattics platform, please use the contact form below.
Did you know? The operations analyzer is now enabled for water and gas monitored points:
Try it out –> Go to Operations Analyser in Wattics dashboard
4. Breakdown Tab: User experience improvements
The breakdown tab has benefited from several user experience improvements including:
- Improved data processing to minimize human error – once you have selected your meter(s)/point(s) for analysis in the breakdown tab, selecting/deselecting additional points will be temporarily disabled (only a few seconds) until the data for the meter(s)/point(s) selected is available for analysis. See below:
Pic: Data processing: selection/deselection of additional points temporarily disabled
- Improved visibility of monitored points and associated data – when uploading new data to an existing meter or new meter – the meter against which the new data has been applied will be highlighted in the menu tree for easy navigation
Apart from these new improvements to the ‘Breakdown’ tab, you’ll also find an updated date selector in the control panel in the Sentinel tool – as shown below:
5. Wattics gets listed in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace!
Wattics is now available on AWS marketplace! If you have an existing Amazon account, you can now sign up for Wattics through Amazon. Our presence in Amazon Marketplace allows companies with multiple existing building portfolios across different locations globally to quickly get their building data to Wattics energy management platform for monitoring and analysis.
Further to this, Wattics’ presence on Amazon Marketplace builds confidence for companies with large building portfolios and lengthy approval processes to quickly scale their energy management activities – and – makes Wattics more accessible to companies who work in US dollar currency.
To know more about how to sign up to Wattics through your Amazon account, please contact us using the contact form below.
But that’s not all! Here’s what’s coming in the next months…
- Bulk KPI import for analysis across multiple sites, areas, business operations set against pre-defined goals.
- Performance benchmarking for buildings, certification, compliances, energy efficiency, retrofit projects
- Favourite dashboards: Create static/dynamic dashboards with ‘bookmarked’ energy analyses, graphs, stats, reports
- Create consumption thresholds (daily, hourly) for monitored points to monitor and track events and progress towards energy saving targets
- Bulk tagging for monitored points – group meters, sites, organizations to improve the search visibility of monitored points for analysis and much more!
Wattics energy management software update – Q1 2019
The development team at Wattics Energy Management has been working feverishly over the first quarter of 2019 to bring you the latest feature updates…Read more
10 Reasons To A Use Cloud Based Energy Management Software System as a Service
The world has seen an increase in energy regulations recently proving the greater necessity for energy management tools. In this post, we will discuss…Read more