Samer Seaports and Terminals - Wattics
Book a Demo

Wattics customersDiscover how we can help you drive savings & increase sustainability for your customers or organization

Wattics companyLearn more about who we are, our core values and why our customers choose to partner with us

Samer Seaports and Terminals


Available language:

About the partner

Samer Seaports and Terminals was established in 1988 operating the ferry terminal of Riva Traiana in Trieste, Italy. In 2013 the ship owner U.N. Ro-Ro Isletmeleri A.S., the main customer of the terminal, acquired 60% of the company shares from Samer & Co. Shipping SpA, which kept the remaining 40%. An important acquisition which strengthened a relationship already existing since many years.

The terminal has an open area of 175,000 square metres, with operative berths three of which equipped with 3 ramps capable of hosting three ro-ro vessels.
Ro-ro connections between Trieste and Turkey started in 1987 and presently connect the city to Pendik (on the Asian side of Istanbul), Ambarli and Mersin (South-Eastern Turkey).
13 ro-ro ferries operate on these routes, sailing daily to Pendik and twice a week to Ambarli and Mersin for a total of 8 sailings per week, mostly dedicated to trailers moving between Europe and Turkey, presently set over 150,000 trucks per year.
Since they do not carry passengers, drivers, once they have loaded their trucks, use a shuttle service from the Trieste Port to Ljubljana International Airport and fly directly to Turkey.

Regarding intermodal services, the company’s offer is multifold in order for its customers to reduce their carbon footprint and be environmentally friendly: RoLa trains to Salzburg (Austria), ISU system trains to Wels (Austria) and multimodal services to Duisburg (Germany), Bettembourg (Luxembourg), Ludwigshafen (Germany), Munich (Germany); departing with different weekly frequencies directly from the port terminal.

Thanks to its experience, Samer Seaports and Terminals is able to coordinate an efficient and flexible terminal service which is constantly updated to the new demands of the logistics and intermodal transport system.

DFDS vessels departing from Istanbul (Pendik & Ambarlı), Yalova, Mersin, Bari and Patras arrive at Riva Traiana Terminal, which is operated by Samer Seaports & Terminals. Samer has been working with Turkish firms as an agency and managing ports since 1987

Partners location

Porto Franco Nuovo – Riva Traiana
34123 Trieste ITALY

Samer Seaports and Terminals

Porto Franco Nuovo – Riva Traiana
34123 Trieste ITALY

Phone: +39 040 982841
E-mail: [email protected]

Contact this partner

    Fill in the quick form and we will introduce you to this partner!

    Create your own integration

    Not supported yet? Don’t be left behind and integrate now

    Go to the page

    Energy & Air Analytics Dashboard

    Learn more about the analytics tools in the Wattics platform to analyse energy and air quality performance in your facilities

    Check features

    Subscribe to our blog

    Sign up to keep up-to-date with what’s happening within the industry