Here is a Step-by-step guide on how to upload .csv files to your Wattics FTP server using FileZilla
- Download an FTP client such as FileZilla FileZilla is free and can be downloaded from: https://filezilla-project.org/
- Once installed, launch the application and type in the host address (ftp01.wattics.com) and the username and password provided by Wattics in the fields highlighted in red.
- Connect to the server by clicking on Quickconnect (in green).
- The bottom right area (where the source folder surrounded by the blue box is) shows what’s on the server (remote site) while the bottom left area shows what’s on your computer (local site). Keep an eye out for error messages (such as issues with your credentials) in the area on top of these two.
- Access the source folder (look for the blue box) in your Wattics FTP server by double-clicking on it. This is where all files must be uploaded to.
- You can upload files by dragging and dropping them from any folder in your computer to the remote site area of FileZilla. Alternatively, you can locate them in the local site area of FileZilla and then you can drag them to the remote site area. It’s also possible to right-click on the file and select upload.
A couple of details to keep in mind are:
- Your Wattics FTP credentials are linked to a specific (.csv) file format. Only files with the correct format for this specific set of credentials will be processed correctly. If your project involves different file formats, you should have more than one set of credentials.
- Files (depending on size and available computing resources) might take some time to be processed. Once processed they go into the success or error folder. The relocation of a file that has been processed to the success folder doesn’t imply that any data has been successfully extracted from it.